Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Life is definitely not a party these days...

or so my latest blog title was meant to read... there I was typing away at how my days(& nights) are determined, not by me, but a precious little someone, whom we affectionately call "bundle" (private joke between M and me)... and many other such names, she gets a new one each day. Yes, so there I was writing a self-pitying blog-entry about how my days revolve around feeding, changing nappies, massaging (twice a day), bathing, playing and not sleeping because of said bundle... which leaves precious little time to blog... what with FACEBOOK taking up all my net-time... or like my mother likes to call it - BOOK-FRIENDS, (thanks to M, who told her I was always on "BookFace" just to confuse matters!!!).

but that entry never made it to the blog, because between the time when I was writing it, (which was probably last Monday), M casually asked me on Tuesday afternoon if I'd like to go to Singapore, we booked the tickets on Wednesday morning, and were off on our way on Thursday!

Singapore was a refreshing break from Colombo, and not least because my sister managed to make it from KL to come see us! Which was great - only Preeti would take a 5-hour plus trip on a bus from KL to Singapore to see me I think - that's why you've got to love your baby sister! Although , I do suspect seeing her neice was more of the reason she took this ultra-mammoth (mega-bus-esq (another private joke)) journey to see us. I hid Ayushi in the ultra-plush hotelroom bathroom, and told her that M had taken her with him... she almost believed me, but I'm a terrible liar so she found her within a few minutes.


Mausi & neice were reunited after almost 3 months, and knowing Ayushi to be the fussy little miss she is, I was quite pleased to see that she actually smiled and cackled at Preeti and went to her fairly quickly!

The weekend went by all too fast, but it was great fun, to have this almost surprise-like trip, especially since I wasn't expecting to meet up with P until next month! A little part of me even wondered whether M had planned it all this way???

so life may not be the party these days, but I don't think I can complain much either ;-)!

No comments: