Monday, February 12, 2007

Another year older...

Another year - another birthday, yet, what a contrast from last year! Last year at this time, I was in Dubai on a short break with M, taking time out from our city jobs! This year, we're busy trying to get used to our new baby daughter!

2006
: M & Preeti arranged a surprise birthday bash for me, and I was taken aback to see 40+ people in our kitchen. It was our last big house-party before we left London. I really felt I was getting old, since I was more concerned about my beautiful home getting trashed than just letting go and enjoying the party - but it had taken us almost 9 months to get the house to a livable condition! So much so, that I actually had to ask the last guests to leave at 3am in the morning, since we did have a flight to catch the next day at 5pm! I was quite relieved the next morning to find that M had thoughtfully called our cleaner to come in and tidy up the house.


2007: quiet birthday dinner at my parents house, with my parents, sister, M and our new daughter. Mamma cooked us a scrumptious Indian-Chinese meal, and I also had a proper cake - with my name on it! In bed with my baby daughter by midnight!


No comments: