Sunday, April 30, 2006

Cannonball Europe 2006

We got off to a great start on our Cannonball Run Europe 2006, with me snoozing and M driving his Porsche, (trying to emulate his hero Tom Selleck out of Magnum P.I.), zipping across the French motorways. We were making good headway, but alas, that was in vain, as I was suddenly awoken by sirens, as we had been copped for speeding at 195km (122mph), joining the ranks of Eric Clapton, Jenson Button, and Montoya (although M looked distinctly worried when he got pulled over, as he thought he would have to spend the night in jail at that speed).

Of course we were both giggling like school kids as we thought we were in an episode of Dukes of Hazard.

After 20 minutes at the local police station, and a 1 month driving ban for M in France, I timidly took to the wheel of the beast (as I like to call it), and went on to complete the remaining 400km stretch till we reached Switzerland, handing the baby back to M, who I am sure was praying for us as I flung the car across the zig-zag country roads to get to Geneva! I think I made many a motorists day as they all got to overtake the Porsche, including a Renault Twingo ;-).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi Sumi and Mali,

i find your idea of the trip around Europe and i year vacation in SL totally cool and unbeleivable. keep up your blog.i am a big fan!!!!!

love all the beautiful pics.

hope 2 c u soon