Thursday, July 06, 2006

queue jumping...

having lived in England for at least the last 18 years at a stretch, I guess I've become kind of accustomed to queuing. Brits love to queue, just look at Wimbledon ;-), where I can proudly say, I too queued in my youth and got into watch some amazing matches. But coming from a country that loves queuing, one of my pet peeves is queue jumping... I really have a problem with that. Queue jumpers annoy me to no end...so its been a bit of a challenge adjusting to the way things work here in Colombo, (and before all the Lankans start biting my head off, yes I am sure its pretty much the same in my country of birth: INDIA...). People push-in everywhere, and the thing is that no one seems to mind, whether its the driving, where people cut each other off from the left/right/centre anywhere really, or if you're in some simple queue at a store or anywhere...

Anyway, I decided if I couldn't beat them, I'd definitely have to join them, so here I am jumping queues at any opportunity I can find!

No comments: