Wednesday, August 02, 2006

been a bit lame with the blogging recently, but that's mainly because nothing much has been going on that's new, as well as the fact that we've been away from Sri Lanka for the first time since we got here in May to Bangalore for about 10 days... and despite the fact that it is the supposed Silicon valley equivalent in India, believe it or not, I didn't have access to the net during my entire time there...

Anyway, it was fun, great catching up with my cousins and it also made me realise how much I was missing bihari/indian style cooking. For the less discerning, I know you may think rice and curry all tastes the same, but I beg to differ. So I think I ate more than I have done in a long while, and I totally agree with Appu di that she makes amazing paratha's (well they're definitely the best I've ever tasted ;-)).

As this was my third trip to Bangalore I wasn't much into sight-seeing, so M was sent with one of our cousins to see the sights, I couldn't beleive that the guy who finds some of the most amazing museums in the world boring... (and beleive me I've dragged him to quite a few) actually went to the museum in Bangalore!


The weather in Bangalore was a welcome relief after the heat in Colombo! Highlight of the trip was my niece Aakriti's 14th birthday party - check out the chaat!




No comments: