Monday, May 22, 2006

packing up

for those of you who had to go through our moving in saga to Bywater Street, you may remember we had the dream team working for us back in October!

Today we have to make to with just M, myself and the sri lankan packers - it's 9.50am and still no sign of them. M and I are being equally productive by sitting on our pc and laptops respectively, rather than organising or sorting the packing - rationalising this by saying that we can't do anything until they get us the boxes!

When the packers finally arrived I was in super-charged mode, while M's energy was flagging, since we both woke up mega-early! We had a short visit by my sister who helped me out by taking many of my winter clothes, as I shan't be needing them in Colombo ;-). The packers finally left at 10pm, we had all given up by this stage, and there is a small amount of stuff that M and I will have to sort through and drop off to them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear SJ
You are correct in your clothes choice. The mean temperature is 27.91 Deg Cel, so open and loose clothing is recommended - a sari.
Rain fall is the killer. Average precipitation is 186mm, however, this hides the highs in May,Oct, Nov of 350mm+.
I reccomend open, loose clothing again a sari because chicks look damn hot when wearing a sari in the rain.

Gurukanand.